"The Ages and Historical Records of Pianos sold in America"

If your are looking for piano history or genealogy help, then this is the place for you. Please note that this is a working list and not all data is complete. Therefore, use this list as a starting point, and not as a final source. Our information is intended for use in public libraries and educational institutions. 




The Cable piano was an instrument of very high standing and one which also attained great popularity that was sold extensively in all parts of the world. The immense prestige The Cable Company, rendered the "Cable" a desirable piano from the standpoint of name brand recognition, as well as superb quality, stability, and tone that possessed a pleasing attribute of an exceptional richness and exquisite delicacy. A Cable piano not only had the best qualities that can distinguish instruments of high standing, those superior qualities of tone and action which were rendered possible by a construction and design

Especially adequate to the production of such desirable results. Embodied in the upright model was a patented sound board and frame construction which is a new and exclusive feature. Instruments having this construction bear the trademark "Tone Arch." The patented sounding-board-and-frame construction, in the grand model is a simple but most effective devices, consisting of a curved bracing member built into the frame. This is a part of an improved construction designed to maintain the proper curvature of the soundboard necessary to preserve the original tonal beauty of the instrument. Instruments having this construction bear the trade mark "Crown stay." The Cable Reproducing Grand has all the merits of the regular Cable Grand, including the famous "Crown stay" construction. Combined with a reproducing action made exclusively Cable which has been developed to the highest stage of perfection through a long series of experiments carried on in the great Cable factories.

An addition to the Cable line was the Midget piano which presented remarkable features. It was but 44 inches high and 55 inches in length, it was not a makeshift; not a toy; and not a compromise. It was a full-fledged upright, built to meet every single exacting Cable standard of quality and workmanship. It was used in places where this little instrument was highly practical. In the school room the small apartment, the den, or on the veranda of the summer home. Because of its small Size and weight, the Cable Midget Upright was always readily moved about. No job was too difficult for this staunch little instrument: it was endowed with an unusual ability to withstand even more trying conditions of service than most larger pianos are called upon to meet. It was the forerunner of all of the vertical pianos of today. The Cable Player, Style "PL," contained all the very important and exclusive Cable features which made the Cable line of players famous. It was extremely easy to operate. A powerful, exclusive type motor provided a steady flow of power at all times. The "Wrist-Rest," a patented Cable device, enabled the operator to rest the arm in maintain a natural, non- tiring position while playing. The pedals when not in use folded completely out of sight giving it the appearance of a regular upright piano when played as a normal piano.

Manufactured by The Cable Company, of Chicago, a piano manufacturing enterprise unsurpassed in the amount of the product or in financial strength by any other institution of similar character in the world's musical industries. The Cable piano is an instrument of very high standing and one which has also attained great popularity and is sold extensively in all parts of the United States and largely abroad. The immense prestige of The Cable Company, and the great financial strength of that progressive industry, which employs more than $9,000,000 capital and surplus, render the "Cable" piano a desirable one from the standpoint of security. This piano, bearing as it does, the name of this big company, represents to an unusual degree, big value. It possesses that pleasing attribute, an exceptionally sweet tone, one of richness and exquisite delicacy, especially recommending it for parlor use. Its lasting qualities are as unexcelled as skill, first class workmanship and patient attention to the infinite details of piano building can insure. The Cable piano not only has the best qualities that distinguish an instrument of high standing, but those superior qualities of tone and action which are rendered possible by a construction and design especially adequate to the production of such desirable results. Embodied in the upright model is a patented sound board and frame construction which is a new and exclusive feature. Instruments having this construction bear the trademark "Tone-Arch." The patented sounding-board-and-frame construction, in the grand model is a simple but most effective device, consisting of a curved bracing member built into the frame. This Is a part of an improved construction designed to maintain the proper curvature of the sound board. So necessary to preserve the original tonal beauty of the instrument. Instruments having this construction bear the trademark "Crowns stay." The Cable Reproducing Grand has all the merits of the regular Cable Grand, including the famous "Crown stay" construction. Combined with it is a reproducing action exclusively Cable which has been developed to the highest stage of perfection through a long series of experiments carried on in the great Cable factories. A recent addition to the Cable line is the Midget Upright which presents some remarkable features. It is but '44 inches high and 55 inches in length. But it is not a makeshift not a toy, not a compromise. It is a full-fledged upright piano, built to meet every exacting cable standard of quality and workmanship. There are scores of places where this little instrument is highly practical in the school room, the small apartment, and the den, or on the veranda of the summer home. Because of its small Size and weight, the Cable Midget Upright may be readily moved about. No service is too difficult for this staunch little instrument: it is endowed with an unusual ability to withstand even more trying conditions of service than most larger pianos are called upon to meet. The Cable Player, Style "PL," contains all the important exclusive Cable features which have made the Cable line of players famous. This player is extremely easy to operate. A powerful, exclusive type motor provides a steady flow of power at all times. The "Wrist-Rest," a patented Cable device, enables the operator to maintain a natural, untiring position while playing. When not in use the pedals fold completely out of sight, giving it the appearance of a regular upright piano when played by hand.



These instruments are made of good material and possess elements of great popularity. The industry was established at Albany in 1852. and has been active in New York City for a great many years and was incorporated in 1923.



Instruments bearing this name are manufactured by The Hobart M. Cable Co., Laporte, Indiana. The distinctive characteristics of the Hobart M. Cable piano are remarkably sweet and pure tone qualities combined with unusual power. The construction of the piano is notable for its solidity and compactness and fora number of superior features, which contribute to the general excellence. The scale, which is the scientific basis of quality in the Hobart M. Cable piano, is of the even, unbroken and satisfying kind that appeals to the trained musical ear. It is the inner secret of the great growth of the Hobart M. Cable piano's fame. In a word, it may be said that the Hobart M. Cable piano is a remarkable instrument, possessing all of the essentials of a strictly high-grade piano. , Purity and sweetness of tone, evenness of scale, great durability, superb case designs in the richest of woods, and high commercial value. Its reputation, now impregnably secure, has extended from ocean to ocean and even beyond the nation's boundaries. It is a piano high up between the recognized leaders and one whose brilliant career has already been fixed and whose future is secure. The player-piano bearing the same name possesses all of the admirable characteristics of the piano and may safely be recommended. Hobart M. Cable reproducing piano is marked by the same characteristics as the players and pianos with the remarkable control and interpretive powers added.




Historically, the story of the origin of Cable-Nelson begins in Chicago in 1903 when Fayette S. Cable, a distinguished leader in the piano industry at the turn of the century, purchased two well established Chicago piano companies: the Lakeside Piano Company and the Sweetland Piano Company. These were merged into the Fayette S. Cable Company.

Cable joined forces with H. P. Nelson in 1905 to form the Cable-Nelson Piano Company. Messrs. Cable and Nelson, widely planning for the future of the company, sought to locate it in a fine, smaller community where the tradition of building outstanding pianos could be generated among the local working force and the standards of quality and perfection in their concept of manufacture could be insured. After surveying numerous mid-western localities, they chose South Haven which had ideal industrial facilities. From the very inception of the Cable-Nelson Company, Fayette S. Cable set the course of the company's operation in the direction of producing exceptionally fine pianos made of carefully selected materials and crafted with superior workmanship. And, starting out in a new manufacturing plant designed and built for the express purpose of making pianos, Cable rapidly proved his theory that the musical public would quickly recognize the design, tone and durability of Cable-Nelson pianos.

For the next two decades, the company prospered and produced fine grand and upright pianos that became proud possessions in homes all over the nation. In 1926, the Cable-Nelson Piano Company merged its plant, facilities and piano making with one of the greatest names in the American music industry, the Everett Piano Company, founded in Boston in 1883. When the two companies joined forces, the principle of product dependability at low cost was preserved in the Cable-Nelson line of pianos. And, through all of its history, the Cable-Nelson has represented one of this country's highest grades of pianos designed and built to be sold at a modest price to bring an excellent musical instrument to American families. Cable-Nelson cases are designed by William H. Cliagman of Grand Rapids, one of America 5 most noted furniture designers. From his drawing board in the center of the greatest furniture producing area of the country, Cliagman works in close association with the production engineering specialists at the South Haven plant. His objective always is freshness of design, together with lasting good taste and dignity. The Cable-Nelson is available in a variety of contemporary styles and light-to-dark finishes.

"Cable-Nelson" was a name so well established that it was to become the first rank of the piano industry on the strength of the excellence of its product and the high standard of its business policy. There was a wide and constant growing demand on the part of the average piano buyer for a thoroughly high-grade and player-piano of real musical excellence. This demand to which the Cable-Nelson Piano Co. had addressed itself from the very beginning of its career, both to supply it and to foster it. Its motto is "A real piano and a fair price." The remarkable growth of the company bears witnesses to the soundness of its policy and its success in carrying it out. Its instruments were distinguished by their fine tone quality, excellent work of case design and finish. Cable-Nelson pianos embodied the characteristics of best standards in the art of player construction. A piano-player mechanism is most responsive and musically adequate, and the tone quality just right for the best player results. The Cable-Nelson factory is one of the most attractively located in the trade, and the wonderful efficiency of its organization and equipment is the cause of general comment. The high financial and commercial standing of the company and the reputation and experiences of its officers add to the distinction of the excellent and reliable instrument.

Owned and controlled by the Everett Piano Company, South Haven, Michigan. Cable-Nelson was the low-priced companion line to the Everett. In 1973, Yamaha bought out Everett and Cable-Nelson Pianos, where they manufactured Yamaha Model 200 series in the Cable-Nelson plant implimenting Cable -Nelson designs into a Yamaha Piano.



Manufactured by Kohler & Campbell, Inc., Fiftieth and Eleventh Ave., New York City. A well made a thoroughly reliable medium priced piano, named after the late J. C. Campbell, a piano maker of unquestioned skill. The J. C. Campbell piano was first produced in 1900, and it has well sustained the fame of the man whose name it bears. This piano has received a great number of unsolicited testimonials, all attesting to remarkable value at moderate prices.



Popular pianos and p layer-pianos, manufactured by the Cambridge Piano Co., 89 Southern Boulevard, New York City, which makes also a specialty of pianos and player-pianos but 3 ft. 9 in. and 4 ft. 3 in height. These attractive uprights' height perfectly the requirements of schools and apartment houses. They are instruments of admirable qualities in every way and are sold at prices within reach of the American householder. The styles are designated as zero and F respectively.



Pianos, players, grands, electric and reproducing piano bearing this name are manufactured in a well-equipped factory at 632 W. 51st St., New York City, and are possessed of extraordinary tone qualities. They are made by skilled workmen of the finest materials obtainable, and have established a reputation for themselves as honestly built, reliable pianos of exceptional value.


CAROLA INNER-PLAYER This name is used exclusively by The Cable Company to designate their pneumatic players' mechanism embodied in the Carola and Conover Carola Inner-Play Pianos. The Carola Inner-Player pneumatic action represents the latest developments in interior ph. mg mechanisms. An especially desirable feat is the fact that all the various part which to make tip Carola Inner Player- pianos is mainly the shops and plant of The Cable Company thus providing for the most accurate adjustment and the building up of the instrument as a solo unit. and not as a collection of assembled parts maunder varying standards of other factories. This construction is endorsed by ugh musical authorities providing the means for the most artistic rendition capable of the greatest expression and showing a perfection and finish in workmanship that in itself is why this company was the first to guarantee its play mechanism for five years. These exclusive features of the Carola Inner-Player mechanism which have contributed toward its phenomenal success in the past few years, have been the transposing device; pneumatic clutch unit motors; easy running roil mechanism introduction of fibre in contact with metal to eliminate rattles when playing by hand; counter shaft running direct motor drive without the sounds of chains when playing; a miniature keyboard on the pneumatic action for procuring an exceptional responsive touch; metallic construction of parts usual affected by atmospheric changes; Solo-Aid Device which plays the solo or melody louder than the accompaniment; four controlling levers: tempo indicators close music sheet facilitating the following of marks the on; cover for lever which also affords a comfort rest for the wrists; sectional bellows construction easily disconnected and removed to afford access to parts otherwise concealed; slide valves transfixed by steel to prevent warping; easy pedaling due to a patented leverage system; automatic Triplex Pedal Device, which the pedals automatically released from a returned to the case by the simplest possible movement. The Carola Inner-Player action requiring a minimum of room, permits the placement of a stronger back on the piano, thus assuring durability.



Name of a famous pioneer player-piano of the highest grade which presents very scientific and indestructible features. This instrument is described in the article or the Bush & Lane instruments on a preceding page to which refer. The Cecilian is capable of absolutely perfect expression, and it is representative of the most advanced ideas in player mechanism. It has been before the world for a good many years and is claimed to be the first of the players.



This is the name given to the reproducing players' mechanism installed in the A. B. Chase, Emerson and Lindeman & Sons' pianos, which are controlled by the United Piano Corporation. The Cello Reproducing Medium reproduces the work of such artists as Paderewski, Hoffmann, Bauer. Gabrilowitsch and hundreds of others of worldwide fame with an accuracy of technique and expression which is impossible to distinguish from the work of the living performer. The pianos in which the Cello Reproducing Medium is installed are the A. B. Chase, the Emerson, and the Lindeman & Sons. The Cello Reproducing Medium is operated by an elec. trip motor making foot pumping unnecessary. It can also be used as a player piano, using the regular eighty-eight note player rolIs. It is embodied in both upright and grand pianos.



The high grade production of the Chase Hackley Piano Co., of Muskegon, Mich. An artistic instrument whose wide fame has been won by years of striving to attain to the perfection of an ideal American piano. The history of the "Chase Bros." Piano dates back more than 62 years. From the first there has been but one aim so far as the quality of the instrument is concerned. There has been nothing spared to bring the "Chase Bros." Piano to the highest point of perfection, and as a necessary consequence the cost of the instrument is proportionate to that of the other first class instruments. Chase Brothers pianos are made in artistic grands and uprights of most approved models. They contain a number of patented features and they are manufactured by the most skilled workmen. Refer to Chase- Hackley Piano Co.



The A. B. Chase piano factory was established in 1875 by Alvin B. Chase and produced the highest grade pianos both in uprights and grands. The A. B. Chase pianos were also equipped with the Cello Reproducing Medium. The policy of this factory had long been that no material is too good a piano no skilled labor too expensive if it will improve the A. B. Chase piano. ll pianos manufactured from 1875 to 1922 were completely hand made from the finest materials available during that era. An A.B. Chase piano took as long as two years to complete. All A.B. Chase pianos are worthy of rebuilding. Pianos from the earlier time 1875 to 1922 are exceptional.

This is an honored name in the annals of music in America, being closely associated with the love and development of music in the home. They have always been noted for splendid workmanship. The A. B. Chase is made in baby grands and spinet models. It was later a product of the Aeolian American Corporation.


CHASE & BAKER Est. 1900. Buffalo, New York Made later by Estey Piano Corporation



Chickering & Sons celebrated in 1923 the completion of a century of continuous manufacture of the Chickering pianos. This illustrious firm, the oldest piano house in the United States, has been at all times in the forefront and has received world wide recognition for its part in developing the pianoforte on distinctive lines. Jonas Chickering, the founder, was born at Ipswitch, New Hampshire, in April 1798, where, after a sound schooling, he thoroughly learned the business of cabinetmaking. Impelled by a restless ambition to seek a larger field, he went to Boston in his early twenties.

There he entered the factory of a well-known piano maker of those days and pursued a course of study in piano making in its then primitive stage. It was not long before the genius of Jonas Chickering manifested itself, and he introduced a series of changes and improvements which have since become standard and which revolutionized the methods then prevailing. His name from the earliest times has been constantly linked with the Americanizing of the piano by methods of such importance and value that both America and Europe today admit their worth by universal adoption. To him must be ascribed the invention of the full iron plate for grand pianos recorded in 1837. This invention was accepted by the scientific world as one of far reaching importance; indeed, it proved to be the foundation of all modern piano construction, for without it the sonorous grands of today would not have been impossible. It successfully solved the problem of the proper support for the great strain of the strings and defined a new era in the history of piano-making. In 1843, Jonas Chickering invented a new deflection of the strings and in 1845 the first practical method for over stringing in square pianos, that is, instead of setting the strings side by side, substituting an arrangement of them in two banks, one over the other, not only saving space but bringing the powerful bass strings directly over the most resonant part of the sound-board, a principle which obtains to this day in the construction of all pianos, both grands and uprights.

Until the year 1852, Jonas Chickering superintended each department of his business with his usual scrupulous care but was relieved of much of this responsibility upon his taking into partnership his three sons, all of whom had received under their father a practical training of the highest order. The genius of C. Frank Chickering as a "scale" draftsman soon became internationally know and acknowledged and to his extensive scientific research is to be attributed much of the renowned beauty of the Chickering tone. Not content with retaining this invaluable knowledge himself he imparted the secrets of his studies to those in the factory in whose gifts he had confidence, thus insuring their perpetuation. In addition to the many patents taken out by Jonas Chickering, his sons and their successors, various methods exclusive to themselves have also been employed and there are in constant use operations of an abstract character which may be described as mechanical subtleties possessing great value and which are an integral part of the Chickering system.

The above outline of the significant importance of the Chickering system will appeal to the practical minded but to those who would know more of the romance and charm which the Chickering story holds for the student of America's musical development. The significance and historic value of the Chickering in the development of the pianoforte in America are seen in the preservation at the Ford Museum at Dearborn of several important Chickering including the very first instrument made by Jonas Chickering in 1823. Others are: the first Chickering upright made in 1830 and the first Chickering grand completed prior to 1850. Chickering & Sons have received upwards of 200 first medals and awards. These have been received from States and sovereigns, and international expositions and learned societies in all parts of the world embracing every known method of honoring distinguished merit. C. Frank Chickering was personally vested with the Imperial Cross of the Legion of Honor at the hands of Napoleon 111. The significance of this high honor is the more appreciated because of its extreme rarity, very few such honors having been bestowed for accomplishments in the fine arts.

In 1923 Chickering & Sons were the recipients of a remarkable tribute from musicians and persons of prominence in all walks of life who united in celebrating the Hundredth Anniversary of the founding of Jonas Chickering's epoch making enterprises. A committee headed by the Hon. Calvin Coolidge (then Vice)President of the United States, carried to a successful and brilliant conclusion what was termed the Jonas Chickering Centennial Celebration, culminating in a banquet held at the Copley Plaza, Boston, at which Mr. Coolidge was the chief speaker. It marked in a most significant manner a century of musical achievement that is without parallel in the history of American piano making. The most famous virtuosi including pianists, singers and instrumentalists have exhausted superlatives in expressing their high admiration of the Chickering. The Handel and Haydn Society of Boston the world's foremost oratorio group, established 1815, has used the Chickering exclusively for more than a century.

The list of pianists, composers, and musicians who have since its inception used and endorsed the Chickering piano is much to long to include here. Several decades ago, this great house of pianos, content with its already rich background of achievement on the concert stage, turned its attention to the perfection of the smaller piano. The Chickering is essentially a piano for the home. Pianos of the highest degree of quality, both in craftsmanship and materials, worthy of completely rebuilding and refinishing.



One of the old and reputable names in the American piano industry, Christman pianos, player-pianos and grand pianos are everywhere recognized as instruments of a high grade and they are commended b a large number of the foremost piano merchants throughout the world. The Christman "Studio" grand has made a noteworthy success. It is but 5 feet long but p05 uses tone power comparable with the effects of the larger instruments. The Christman slogan of "The First Touch Tells" (registered), has become familiar in musical circles for being suggestive of the attractive tone quality of the instruments. The Christman Reproducing Grand is a recognized triumph in piano manufacture. The Christman Studio Grand holds an enviable place among the dainty little instruments of the grand design. It possesses a powerful tone of most agreeable resonance and it is one of the most successful instruments with trade and public.



Named for Jacob Christie, formerly of B. Bogart & Co., succeeded by the Bogart Piano Co., and made by that industry with the factory at 185th St. and Willow Ave New York, Pianos of good quality by a reliable firm.



Well-made pianos, player-pianos and grand pianos bear this name. They are the products of the Hartford Piano Co., of Chicago, and they have a very large sale because of their beauty and moderate prices.



Grand pianos, reproducing pianos, player pianos and upright pianos bearing this now distinguished name, are recognized as among the thoroughly representative types of artistic American instruments. In tone, both as to power and the delicate gradations of expression, these pianos are recognized among pianists as models and their development has been made possible by skill and the uniformity of methods which belong to well-equipped industries of the modern kind. There is a quality in the Clarendon that at once asserts itself and without which no instrument can achieve success of the larger kind. The depth and breadth of the tonal values of the graceful, and now famous, Clarendon grands are quickly recognized. The Clarendon player. Piano is peculiarly strong in its musical and material attainments. It is equipped with an improved pneumatic action of peculiar sensitiveness, and it presents special points of excellence which are appreciated by the most critical. The Clarendon reproducing grands and uprights are representative of the latest forward step in the art of making the piano the most playable and most enjoyable musical instrument for the home. The degree of perfection in expression attained never fails to enthuse the music lover.



Pianos and player-pianos of dependability and attractive qualities which bear this name were manufactured in Chicago for many years, until the industry of Mr. Geo. P. Bent was secured by a large corporation with the factory in Louisville. The Geo. P.Bent Company operates a large plant and produces other piano brands.



Pianos and player-pianos of fine quality are manufactured by Mr. Francis Connor, whose factory is at 184th S. Cypress Ave., New York. Mr. Connor Is an expert In piano construction.



Pianos bearing this well -known name first appeared in the winter of l905. In November 1925, the control of the Hallet & Davis Piano Co. of Boston, which had marketed the Conway instruments, was acquired by the Premier Grand Piano Corporation, and the Conway up right pianos and players are now produced in the factories of Jacob Doll & Sons, New' York. Conway Pianos are In every way beautiful and dependable by Jacob Doll & Sons.



Est. 1885. This was a high grade of piano manufactured by J. Frank Conover who was considered by many one of the worlds great piano makers. Located in the heart of piano country, Mr. Frank Conover devoted more than forty years of his life to the study of a single problem - tone. The Conover scale design is still imitated by many factories. A Conover piano is worth rebuilding as an investment quality piano. Pianos of the highest type, first made in 1885 by Frank Conover, an expert of international distinction, were later manufactured by The Cable Company, of Chicago. In making the Conover piano The Cable Company kept constantly in view the highest requirements of the artistic piano and successfully strives to meet the growing demand for an instrument to fill the place created by the trend of modern times and recent musical developments. The Conover piano is distinctly a modern instrument whose fame is secure because of the unchallenged artistic merit that sustains it. It is a piano in which are embodied principles that have by experience been proven to be the foundation of superior tone quality, and it is made in accordance with the most advanced ideas of piano construction. It possesses all of the requirements demanded by the most exacting pianists and its use in the concert room is a feature of the musical world. It is a frequent remark among critics of the piano that the Conover scale represents the highest attainment in the art of tone production. It is a scale of absolute accuracy, by which the peculiarly even, sympathetic, yet powerful musical character of the Conover pianos is insured. With the Conover, as with only the highest types of pianos, it is possible to render the finest gradations of tone color and to attain a tone of perfect purity, sweetness and resonance. Of course, in a piano of this character the important matter of durability enters largely. The Conover is a piano of solid construction. The back and frame are of such strength that the enormous "pull" of the strings produces not the least "give." The pin block is built in layers of quarter sawn hard rock maple, the grain of each layer running transversely to that of its neighbor and these pianos' stand in tune for a remarkable period of time. In the important matter of the action the Conover is no less well equipped. Every one of the several thousand parts of the Conover piano action is made and adjusted with all the care which fulfills every requirement of merit of prompt response, agreeable "feeling" and elasticity. And in the construction of the Conover grand pianos there are also features of peculiar interest to scientific pianists. The grand rims are continuous and are made of separate layers of wood bent into permanent shape. These rims typify strength and, of course, conform to the shape of the grand plate. The Conover grand piano has received the enthusiastic indorsement of a large number of the famous pianists whose appearance in concert give added prominence to the piano upon which they prove their powers. The patented sounding board and frame construction in the small grand model is part of an improved construction designed to maintain the proper curvature of the sounding board, so necessary to preserve the original tonal beauty of the instrument. Instruments having this construction bear the trademark "Crownstay." In a recent publication devoted to descriptions of the various styles of Conover pianos there are portraits of some of

the most renowned pianists and vocalists accompanied by words of commendation. A reading of these letters is alone a lesson in piano appreciation and must impress the reader with the character of the artistic Conover piano. Conover grand pianos are made in several sizes. The small Grand and parlor grand having attained great popularity among piano buyers of the higher class. The Conover Reproducing Grand unites the artistic Conover Grand with a perfected reproducing action that is exclusively Cable. This is a reproducing piano that is simple in construction, positive in action and trouble proof. Correctly Sized for the small home or apartment with the reproducing action completely concealed. The Conover Reproducing Grand is graceful and attractive in appearance and conforms to every detail with the high ideals The Cable Company has always maintained for the artistic Conover. In the upright the Conover Art Carola Inner-Player the Conover piano equipped with the famous Inner-Player action. The Conover Solo Carola Inner-Player is the Conover piano equipped with the celebrated Solo Carola Inner-Player action. The value of a Conover piano, or a Conover-Cable piano is equal to that of a Mason & Hamlin, Chickering, Knabe, and in most cases to that value of a Steinway.



Conover and Cable consolidated in 1890 to make pianos using all patents and designs of J. Frank Conover. The original cable piano not only had the best qualities that distinguished it as an instrument of high standing, but had superior qualities by construction and design to produce good results. Cable studio pianos were for many years the most acceptable piano in America for schools because they exceeded the specifications by every standard and were made to withstand the tremendous number of hours required by schools. The schools of this time period purchased all pianos, and they were not payoffs for endorsements, advertising or other commercial uses.



The name adopted by Adam Schaaf, Inc., for the perfectly reliable pianos and player-pianos made by that industry. All instruments from the industry named may be depended upon as reliable in every way.



Company made pianos and players, formerly made at Peru, Indiana, is now manufactured by the Schiller Piano Company, Oregon, Illinois. The Chute & Butler instruments had won a good place when the Schiller Company purchased the scales, patterns and trade name and has been manufacturing the Chute& Butler piano and player- piano since September 1, 1920. The original scales of the Chute & Butler pianos have been continued and many changes and improvements have enabled the Schiller Company to hold original patrons and add man y new representatives to the list.



The name applied to admirable interior player pianos made by the Claviola Company, of New York, which industry is controlled by Kindler & Collins.



The Continental Piano Co. was originally incorporated in 1912, but the business name and good will was bought several years later by the Jesse French & Sons Piano Co. of New Castle, Ind., who have since made and marketed pleasing and durably constructed instruments under this name. They are instruments of attractive character and are guaranteed by an industry of unquestionable responsibility. The instruments make a strong appeal and have become favorites in piano showrooms and private homes.



Conrad pianos and player-pianos were manufactured by the Kreiter Mfg. Co., at their plant in Marinette, Wis. The name Conrad stands for beauty in design, a sweet ness of tone and reliability. The factory is a model of efficiency and is equipped with the latest and best machinery with which to manufacture good instruments. The factory at Marietta, Wis. , is one of the finest and best equipped in the Northwest. The Conrad piano is a piano noted for its beautiful design and peculiar sweetness of tone. The Conrad pianos are made in several very attractive styles, including grands, upright and pneumatic player-pianos, all of attractive designs.



Instruments of durable character bearing this name are produced by Walter S. Pierce Co San Francisco.



Pianos which became famous by this name were for many years manufactured by the industry controlled by Mr. Geo. P. Bent of Chicago. The Geo. P. Bent Co. is now owned by the Adler Mfg. Co., of Louisville, Ky., which industry is now producing the "Crown" piano.



Electric pianos and orchestrions of this name are manufactured by the Operators Piano Co., Inc., of Chicago. Their instruments are coin controlled and they are thoroughly well made, musical and representative. For public places they are unsurpassed and they have won a foremost place among coin operated instruments. Factories at 715 N. Kedzie Ave., Chicago, Ill.



An attractive and popular piano manufactured by the Cunningham Piano Co. whose factory was at forty ninth. Parkside Ave. and Viola St. and showrooms at 1101 Chestnut St., Philadelphia, Pa. The Cunningham piano is popular in its home city, Philadelphia, and throughout the states of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. A Cunningham piano is worthy of rebuilding as an investment



The name of the popular pianos of the Jewett Piano Co. Leominster, Mass. Curtis pianos are guaranteed to he instruments of excellence. Tone quality and responsive action conforming to particular requirements are tests of a piano. Curtis pianos meet these tests. The scale is the result of more than sixty ears of study and experiment in progressive piano making. Curtis pianos are sold throughout New England by M. Steinert & Sons. Boston.




These instruments, pianos, player- pianos and grand pianos and Reproducing pianos (licensed under the Welte-Mignon patents) have won recognition from both the trade and the public for the very high standard maintained in their manufacture. They contained only the best of materials, employed only the highest skilled labor, and are carefully and conscientiously constructed. The scale is remarkably even, and the instruments have a fine musical quality of tone. The cases are artistic and attractive in design.



There is no more honorable or a distinguished name associated with pianos than that of Decker. And through all the year involving litigation and claims to priority and trade name rights, the house of Decker & Son has maintained a steady forward movement, conscious that in it rested all of the rights of initiative, excellence and fixedness of purpose. The Decker & Sons' piano had its beginning in 1856, when the late Myron A. Decker embarked with a partner, the instruments being known as the Decker& Barnes. Both members were thoroughly skilled and scientific piano experts. And the quality of the Decker pianos improved as they grew in artistic fame and recognition. The industry of Decker & Son is now controlled by Mr. Frank C. Decker, son of the founder, and his son-third generation Mr. Frank C, Decker, Jr. Both are skilled piano experts trained from early boyhood in the production of instruments of the highest grade. Upright, grands and reproducing pianos are manufactured, and the Decker & Son instruments maintain the place in the piano world to which their artistic characteristics have entitled them for more than sixty-six years.



All instruments bearing this name is manufactured in the factories of Jacob Doll & Sons, Inc. was one of the largest piano companies in America. The pianos and player- pianos were popular with a large class of music lovers and music dealers throughout the country. The player- pianos were of the same popular standard as the pianos, and the number of instruments annually produced was very large and constantly increasing. Uprights, grands, player pianos, electric expression and Reproducing pianos (Welte-Mignon, licensee) are manufactured and the instruments contain many valuable patents. This industry of Jacob Doll & Sons is one of the largest in New York and its confidence is proportionately great.



A small grand piano and electric expression grand piano of excellent quality and construction and moderate price manufactured by the De Kalb Piano Co. of De Kaib, Ill.



Made by the Deitmeier Piano Co., San Francisco. Before the great fire of 1906 the industry was principally repair work. After the fire the business was resumed with manufacturing department on more extensive scale at 862 Valencia Street.



A new industry at Muncie, Md., has adopted its company name for that of it. Pianos and player pianos. Well-made instruments designed by experts.



Pianos and players of a reliable construction and an admirable tone which bear this name are manufactured by the Story & Clark Piano Co., of Chicago.


Well-made pianos, player pianos and grands are made by Henry Detmer, whose factory is at Claremont Ave, and LeMoyne St., Chicago. A small industry of long standing and good reputation.



The descriptive name given to the small Stroliher upright by the Smith, Barnes & Strohber division of the Continental Piano Co. This is a remarkable little instrument, is 3 ft. 71in. high. See Strohber.



Well made, attractive player-pianos which have five large sale to discriminating music lovers. They are manufactured by the H. C. Bay Company.



Baby Grand pianos of admirable character are the product of the Duerk Grand Piano Corporation,



An exciting innovation in piano design and engineering has led to the creation of the Hardman DUO, the amazing new player-piano developed and manufactured exclusively by Hardman, Peck & Co. Unveiled in the Spring of 1957, the DUO is actually two pianos in one. At once an incomparable Hardman Console famed for acoustical richness is changed from manual to a player-piano, ready to play any of the hundreds of melodies on music rolls-everything from classics to rock 'n roll.

A flick of the lever and the dropping of a panel are all it takes to release the pedals and finger-tip controls of the new DUO. Expression is extremely sensitive to the individual touch. Rhythm and nuances are even attainable through subtle practice on the pedals themselves. But other expression devices enable you to have complete shading control over any melody played. A tempo gauge, calibrated to any extra wide sweep can be set or changed during play by a flick of the finger. Soft bass and soft treble buttons may be depressed independently or together for muting melody or bass chords. In addition a volume lever sustains tones like the manual sustaining foot pedal. When manual play is again desired, raising the panel and another flick of the lever places all controls completely away from view, and at once you again have a manual Console with standard toe pedals.

The DUO is an ideal family piano, one that every member can play even those who have never had a lesson. Lyrics are printed right on the music rolls, so everyone can sing along as well. This adds greatly to the fun of family gatherings and parties. The young student in the family will find he learns faster on the DUO. He can play it manually for practice lessons, and as a player-piano to observe the technique of more advanced arrangements.



This piano was well known. This instrument was actuated by Duo Art music rolls



ELECTROVA Automatic-electrical (coin-operated) instruments, made by the Electrova Company, This house is controlled by Jacob Doll & Sons.



This is the registered name of an electric coin operated player pianos manufactured by the Waltham Piano Co. of Milwaukee, Wis. They are high grade instruments made in three new designs and possess peculiar features including a combination harp or banjo with piano effect which is finding an ever increasing market.



Ellington reproducing pianos, grand pianos, uprights and player pianos are made by the Ellington Piano Co., Cincinnati. It has been subjected to the most severe tests of all clematis and it has endured the most rigorous use. All in all, it is considered among the best values on the market. The Ellington Manualo (the player) a piano with the human touch is a triumph of tone and technique combined, and shares fully in the established reputation of the Ellington piano proper. Output controlled by the Baldwin Piano Co.



The Engelhardt Piano Company of St. Johnsville, N. Y., makes a specialty of the production of automatic instruments embracing orchestrions, banjo-orchestras, player-pianos and reproducing player pianos, bell pianos, flute pianos, xylophone pianos, coin operated pianos, reproducing player pianos, orchestrions, banjo orchestras and midget orchestrions.



Good and durable popular grade instruments from the large factory of Jacob Bros., New York.



The famous Euphona Inner-Player piano is made by The Cable Company of Chicago in two styles, PW and PR, Equipped with manually a controlled transposing device; key lock; pedal door openers; pneumatic controls of expression by means of depress able buttons, and tracker board control of piano sustaining dampers. It also has a full tempo scale, zero to 130", roll, and a novel feature termed "Silent High Speed," all controlled by a single controlling lever. All controlling devices are concealed by Cable Sliding Wrist-Rest and Lever Cover. Has non-leaking, a noncorroding tracker bar, high speed roll, six-unit motors, patented compensating governor and the Inner-Player Miniature Keyboard. The whole device is simple in construction and presents the maximum of reliability. The cases aft handsomely veneered and well finished, of plain line design, all of which, coupled with the mechanical advantages enumerated above, account for the immense popularity of this instrument. The Style PW differs from the PR in the size of case, the former being 4 ft, 4 in. high and the latter 4 ft. 6 in. high. The Euphona Reproducing Inner-Player piano (which see) is the Euphona Inner-Player, electrically equipped. The Euphona Inner-Player, pianos have been made by The Cable Company since 1907.



Epworth pianos have long been known among musical people for their characteristic sweetness of tone and all around musical excellence. The workmanship, both inside and out, are exceptionally high-class and the Epworth represents an intelligent, conscientious, painstaking effort as applied to the production of a sweet toned, reliable instrument. Epworth pianos are made by the Williams Piano & Organ Co. of Chicago



Manufacturers of the famous Estey line of pianos. The factory and executive offices were located at Bluffton, In. The Estey business was established in 1869 and has ever since occupied a position of prominence in the pianoforte industry. The concern manufactures a complete line of pianos, including 4 ft.-6 in. grands, spinets and consoles. Estey pianos received an award at the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia in 1876, at the Chicago World's Fair in 1893, at the International Exposition, Torino, Italy, in 1911, at the Pan-American Exposition in San Francisco in 1915, and latterly they were awarded the gold medal at the Sesqui-Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia for unusual beauty of case design and the high quality of the instruments.

Estey pianos were available in styles from period to traditional to modern, and in woods and finishes including African mahogany, American walnut, limed oak. Salem maple, blond mahogany and cherry.

The Estey Piano Corporation made notable improvements in piano building that have developed into the outstanding feature of Estey pianos. The Violin Bridge Construction (Patent Pending) is said to improve the tone quality, tone volume and sustaining tone in a most amazing manner. This discovery is very simple and is accomplished by reducing the mass of the treble bridge by means of running a furrow or cove along each side of the bridge, thereby adding flexibility and reducing the weight of the bridge. The Direct Blow Action (Pat. No. 2096478) is used in all Estey consoles and spinets. This development permits of correct touch, maximum power and excellent responsiveness, and furthermore eliminates action worries and troubles. All Estey pianos have 7-ply hard maple planks.

The manufacture of Estey products was under the supervision of men who had been prominently identified with the piano industry of this country for many years, men who are authorities on quality pianoforte building. Estey grands, period grands, reproducing grands, pianos and player pianos are manufactured by The Estey Piano Company, an old established and distinguished house of high standing throughout the trade. These instruments are well and favorably known in practically every corner of the earth, Estey being one of the best-known musical names in the world. The pianos represent the highest grade of construction throughout, and have been endorsed by numerous prominent musicians for their wonderful tone quality.



The Cable Company, one of the world's largest manufacturers of pianos and player)pianos, began experimental work on reproducing pianos in 1909. During the seven years that followed their factories produced and severely tested a number of excellent models, but it was not until 1916 that their scientific experts were satisfied. Then, and not until then, was the Euphona reproducing-Inner Player placed upon the market, for it was the policy of this great house never to experiment upon the public. The Euphona Reproducing Inner Player can be played in five different ways one. It may be used as a regular piano; 2. As a regular foot created player-piano; 3. As a foot-operated player-piano with motor assistance; 4. As a motor-operated player piano with manual control of wind-pressures for expression purposes; and five. As a thoroughly efficient and entirely automatic reproducing piano. The Reproducing Inner Player is equipped with the famous Cable Inner Player parts, which were awarded the Gold Medal at the Panama Pacific International Exposition. The Miniature Keyboard, Triplex Pedal Device, Wrist Rest and a score more patented features are inventions to be found in no other players than those of Cable manufacture. Musicians have highly praised the easy action, full mellow tone and evenly balanced scale of the piano element.



The Everett Piano Company was established in Boston, Mass., in 1883, by the John J. Church Company, Cincinnati, Ohio, one of the leading music publishing concerns of America. In June, 1926, Everett merged with the Cable-Nelson Piano Company; and the firm moved manufacturing facilities from Boston to South Haven, Michigan.

From its earliest inception, the Everett was a piano of high quality. Teresa Carreno, foremost pianist of her time; Walter Damrosch, long-time conductor of the N.Y. symphony and pioneer radio conductor; Cecile Chaminade, eminent French composer; the pianist Alfred Reisenauer, John Philip Sousa-these are but a few of the many great artists who played Everett grands on the concert stage or owned, used and admired them in private life. Because of the growing vogue of the small piano in the home and the shrinking market for grands. Everett ceased making grand pianos in 1946 and devoted their entire manufacturing facilities to small pianos.

A turning point in the company's history was its acquisition in 1936 by George Stapely. (The firm subsequently became a subsidiary of the Meridan Corporation.) Mr. Stapely was a graduate engineer who had served as production manager for Chevrolet and authored a series of books on engineering and cost control. One of the greatest of Mr. Stapely's innovations was the development of the Balanced Tension back. The Everett Balanced Tension back construction (patented), introduced in 1946, was a most important improvement in scientific piano construction equaling in its engineering features that of the full cast plate now universally used. The principle is as old as history, but new as applied to pianos. Using cast metal levers which control the balance the 20 ton pull of the piano strings and synchronize with movements of the cast plate under varying conditions of heat and cold, damp or dry climates, Everett achieves 40% greater tone freedom and a much more solid tone.

Exhaustive testing and the subsequent use in all part~ of America during the last thirteen years have proven most conclusively that pianos so constructed stay in tune for a much longer period. All Everett consoles and spinets have this exclusive construction feature. In 1949, as the result of many years' research, Everett introduced the first small pianos with a dyna-tension scale, which, according to Everett, gives them the "tonal beauty of a grand." The dyna-tension scale was developed and perfected by John A. Henns, America's foremost piano scale designer. This exclusive scale is possible only in Everett consoles and spinets with Balanced Tension back, because no other piano (i.e. a piano with wooden back posts instead of metal levers) has the strength to carry the increased load of a super high string tension. The company claims that

the beautifully fashioned Everett offers the same "concert fidelity" . . . distortion-free volume more than adequate for today's home. . as a fine grard piano, which also has "high tension" strings.

Everett employed one of America's leading furniture designers, William H. Clingman of Grand Rapids, Michigan, to create authentic period designs and finest modern and contemporary stylings in a complete range of light, medium and dark hardwood veneer finishes to harmonize with other fine furniture pieces.

The Everett School Piano has been purchased by more than 7,000 colleges and universities, schools and churches since 1948. It was the first school piano to meet and then exceed the rigid specifications for school pianos set by Dr. Elwyn C. Carter, head of the music department of Western Michigan University.



FABER Piano and player-piano of good quality and reliable construction which have won a popular place in the trade and in the musical world. Made by Faber Piano Co.



These pianos and player- pianos are the products of the Farrand Piano Co. of Holland. Michigan, and they hold a high position for their recognized musical quality, merit and durability of construction, insuring the life of the even singing tone for which they are noted. These famous instruments are recognized for being one of the highest grades and possessing the finest tonal qualities. The manufacturers of the Farrand piano and Farrand Cecilian Licensee Player-Piano are considered among the country's experts in their line and backed by ample resources have been able to produce and maintain a degree of quality that offers the fullest measure of value to the buyer. The name of "Farrand" has been distinguished in the world of musical instrument manufacturers for a half century and the Farrand Piano and Farrand Cecilian Player-Piano is worthy of the favor which the name suggests to piano buyers. With the Farrand Grand which has most beautiful tones. Redundant in power and of exquisite timber, and with the Farrand Reproducing Grands and uprights, the company has a complete line of splendid instruments



Est. 1840, The old New York house of J. & C. Fischer was in existence since 1840 and was located at East Rochester, N.Y. The original factory of J & C Fischer was established in 1840. It being the outgrowth of previous association with other firms engaged in the manufacture of pianos. It is one of the oldest firms having had its inception in New York City, and during its long and honorable career has played a considerable part in the musical development of our country. One of the oldest and most reputable pianos manufactured in the United States and a pioneer in the American Piano Industry.

In 1896 the Fischer house celebrated the manufacture of their one hundred thousandth piano. The Fischer is a high grade, standard piano with a fine, pure quality of tone, and notable for the beauty of its case designs as well as artistic musical excellence. J & C Fischer manufactured both grand pianos and uprights, available with the Ampico Player.

The J&C Fischer was later made by the Aeolian - American Corp. The J & C Fischer pianos in small grand pianos, consoles and school pianos of professional pianos are celebrated for their fine, pure quality tone, and further distinguished for the beauty of its case designs.  During 1928 world famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright designed a room specifically for a magnificent Art Deco piano. The cabinet and casing were designed to grace this room. Special attention was given to of artistic piano making that even the regular models of this line are noteworthy for their simplicity and grace, and their period models are superb examples of the adaption of the decorative art of past centuries to the case of a modern piano. A  J & C Fischer makes an excellent investment.



Instruments of good quality, manufactured by the Farny Piano Co., an industry owned by the Rudolph Wurlitzer Co., of Cincinnati, 0H. Factory is at North Tonawanda, N.Y.



The admirable grand pianos and reproducing pianos manufactured by this old industry are notable in several respects. The Florey Bros. make grands exclusively and devote all of their experience, skill and energies to sustaining a reputation won by years of consistent determination to excel. It is claimed, and presumably not disputed, that Florey Bros. were the first to seriously consider the establishing of an exclusive grand piano industry. They began the experiment in 1909 and have developed a substantial and constantly growing business with a fine class of trade. Florey Bros. grands are beautiful instruments of distinctly artistic tone quality and in every way desirable in the esteem of competent critics. They are sold by houses of the highest responsibility and they deserve the success they have won. Florey Bros. is a corporation the officers of which are practical piano builders.



Foster & Co. manufacture a complete line of pianos and player pianos. This line of instruments is very widely known, and is representative of the best instruments of their grade. Reliably made of excellent materials in very modern factories at East Rochester, N. Y. The Foster pianos during recent years achieved great prominence through the exploitation of the same by some of the most representative piano houses throughout the country. The Foster piano and player-piano of today occupy as enviable standing for quality in respect to tone and construction.



Manufacture of this excellent line of upright and grand pianos began in New York City in 1881. The Franklin is an instrument that fulfills the exacting requirements of those music lovers who appreciate and demand a piano constructed in accordance with the highest ideals of musical craftsmanship and fittingly housed in a case whose design and finish are the acme of elegance. It is made by the Franklin Piano Co. That the Ampico is now offered the musical public in the favorite Franklin is sufficient recommendation of the quality of the Franklin instrument. A new line of designs has been recently placed on the market, and has been accorded the highest approval. The factory and office are located at East Rochester, N.Y.



Since 1875 the name Jesse French have stood for everything high grade in the music line. Many thousands of pianos' bearing the name Jesse French have been marketed in past years, but now these instruments bear the name of Jesse French & Sons. They are manufactured by the Jesse French & Sons Piano Co., New Castle. Ind. See this name for further particulars.



This artistic piano is the finest product of the great factory of the Jesse French & Sons Piano Co. at New Castle. Ind. It is a strictly high grade artistic instrument, notable not only for its fine musical qualities but also for its remarkably beautiful case designs. These instruments have attained to a place of distinction in the world of music. Many great pianists and teachers having expressed for them their preference. A number of leading music schools also have signified their approval of the Jesse French & Sons' pianos by having them installed in their institutions. The Jesse French & Sons' grand pianos appeal equally to the artistic musicians and the owners of fine homes. One of the recent additions to the list is a parlor grand, which affords a fine example of great tone in small case, and it has won especial favor. This grand is also supplied with reproducing player actions. The uprights may be had with electric expression actions both with and without foot pedals. The name of French is one so Long associated with pianos and music that it has literally become a household word. Within the last year much skill and expense have been invested in new scales, improved methods of construction and new designs. There has also been introduced a novel feature, known as the Dulcet Tone, which opens a wide field of possibilities In tone coloring and shading. The Dulcet Tone brings into operation an especially arranged set of dampers and mutes in such manner as to give sweet one string effects of peculiarly sympathetic quality. Mr. Jesse French, the president of the company, started in the music business in 1872, branching out into the piano business in 1875, and has been continuously connected with the industry ever since. Mr. French was the founder of one and intimately associated with others of the best, known and most successful factories and distributing companies in the United States. It has always been the aim of the company to make the Jesse French & Sons instruments the very best that they could produce, regardless of expense. The Jesse French & Sons' piano is an artistic production, the culmination of years of experience in the music trade. They are made in grands, uprights, foot-power and electric players and reproducing pianos in great varieties of size and styles, and in all of the fancy woods. Every part of the instrument, with the exception of the hardware, is produced in the mammoth factory in New Castle. Ind., erected especially for the purpose and equipped with the idea of securing the best possible results in every department in any way connected with the production of Jesse French & Sons pianos. For in them the question of quality is paramount and the desire to excel a very potent force, two expressive mottos being well known in this connection, viz.: "Quality First and First Quality" and "A Name well-known Since 1875."



In every way the Fuehr & Stemmer instruments may be recommended with perfect confidence. The Fuehr & Stemmer factory, at 1932 Wentworth avenue. Chicago, is equipped for the manufacture of high grade pianos and conducted under the personal supervision of piano experts in every department of construction. It may be safely said that the Fuehr & Stemmer grand piano is in every way worthy of the reputation of the manufacturers and the fame of their instruments. It is powerful in total without the strident characteristics which prove a blemish to some instruments. In every way this grand may be commended, and the name of Fuehr & Stemmer on an instrument is an assurance of merit and responsibility.




This is a name which has been familiar in the piano world since the year 1854 when the Gabler piano was established. The founders of the industry are represented by Mr. Emil E.Gabier, son of the first manufacturer of pianos bearing the name. Mr. Gabler maintains his interest, and has pride in what the name stands for in the piano world. He is himself a thoroughly trained expert in the building of the instrument, and he keeps in contact with the factory and the progress of the instruments which bear his name. Gabler pianos and player pianos have been highly commended through the years. Gabler Electric Expression and Reproducing instruments are notable additions to this time honored line. Eighteen new models, including two new grands, greatly enlarged manufacturing facilities and especially effective advertising and selling cooperation, make this an ideal line for progressive merchants.



well-made instruments produced by the Germain Piano Co., Saginaw, Mich.



Gibbons & Stone, Inc., manufacture the Gibbons & Stone pianos for their retail trade. Strictly high grade instruments, which include uprights, also pIayer- pianos.



Reliable instruments of excellent musical quality, made by the Straube Piano Co., of Chicago.



Pianos, player-pianos and reproducing pianos of powerful and pleasing tone and great durability of construction bears this name, which is that of the president of the Goldsmith Piano Co., makers of the instruments. All Goldsmith instruments are made under expert supervision by skilled artisans and the name has become known wherever music is a delight. Very beautiful case designs mark the Goldsmith products and thus sustain the favor of the instruments which is created by the satisfying tone quality. Purchasers of Goldsmith instruments are guaranteed the best results and receive large returns for their investments, and the methods of the manufacturers are of a kind to the uniformly commended.



The Gordon Piano Co. was established in 1845 by S. T. Gordon, and continued by his son, Hamilton S. Gordosa, until bought by the present company, by which the quality of the instruments is being sustained and even improved. Both pianos and player-pianos are superior in construction and tone. They are instruments of the kind that meet the approval of the majority of the piano buying public and they have verified their place in the world of music by their careful construction, fine appearance and tonal results.



The Edmund Gram pianos, Grand. Upright and Player pianos are well made by an ambitious house in Milwaukee. Mr. Gram has been in the retail piano trade for a great many years and the instruments which bear his name are well made, handsome in case designs and of artistic tone quality.



Manufactured by the well-known music house of the same name. Detroit, Mich.



A name familiar to the musical world in connection with the player-piano industry. The Gulbransen Registering Piano is unquestionably one of the best-known instruments of its class in the world. Its trademark, the Easy-at-the-Pedals, and slogan, "Easy to Play," have been impressed upon the memory of millions of people through national advertising, and the claim is made that the Guibransen Registering Piano itself is more widely distributed than any other. The great favor with which the Gulbransen instruments are regarded by music loving people of discriminating judgment is the best possible proof of their merits. And the large number of responsible piano merchants who represent the Gulbransen instruments leaves no question as to their desirability in every particular. In the field of player-pianos the name of Gulbransen is especially familiar because of the part Mr. A. G. Gulbransen has taken in the inventive and creative phases of the instrument. In tone realization there is no one to dispute the character of the Gulbransen pianos and registering pianos.

TopTopTopTop of pageTopTopTop